Wednesday 27 November 2013

Worth its weight in gold!

Onions has become a national topic of discussion and all I did was watch and smile! Grow your own food, you will be amazed how gratifying the process is, not to mention the flavours! I have a team of green thumbs who are from an agrarian background and did they turn my vegetable patch into gold fields!

First it was the wax peppers, then the brinjals, followed by beans and okra and root vegetables. Then came the time to start harvesting the "ready" onions and I hear with such pride and joy, "Didi! this one is almost half a kilo!"
While we eagerly pull out the onions and ready the patch for more onions, my next delightful harvest will be Peas! followed by potatoes and groundnuts...maybe I am finally getting into the grove and merging with nature's calendar of activities and bounties!

No comments:

Post a Comment